Thursday, December 11, 2008

Felt Food




Things are going great.

As Mariah requested I am re posting my felt food blog.

James really loves to play kitchen,and he is becoming a little chef. So we decided to get him play food for Christmas. But to our surprise play food is more expensive than our real food budget. Being bored (this was before I started working full time) we found some ideas (thanks to etsy.com) of how to meet a budget friendly Christmas.

This was my creation. It was so much fun to make. And with coupons from the fabric store this only cost me about $20.00, and I still have a ton of felt to make more.

Mind you we did buy the sale "Christmas" snow, and "Halloween" spiderwebs for stuffing. And we had 40% off coupons that we used each week to make our thread purchases.

This wasn't that hard either. As I have self taught sewing skills, that are nowhere perfect. It took a few months with a 2 year old trying to help me along the way, and in between moving and buying a house.

So watch the sales and use those coupons each week from your Sunday paper, you can do Christmas on a budget.

No comments: